- Wear support/compression hose immediately and daily for 5-7 days (do not wear the stockings to bed).
- Walk for 10 minutes immediately following the procedure.
- Remove the cotton balls in 1-2 hours maximum.
- Elevate your legs for 15 minutes 3 x daily for 3 days.
- Avoid strenuous activity (aerobics, running, leg weights) for the first 48 hours (avoiding this will lessen the bruising).
- Avoid hot baths, hot tubs, massages and laser hair removal for 14 days.
- Apply ice to lumpy, healing veins if tender.
- Avoid travel for 7 days ( 14 days for longer trips).
- Showers are fine, but avoid baths for 2 weeks
- If your legs become painful after injections, walk for 30 minutes, elevate, and/or apply ice
- Avoid tanning for 5 days (if outdoors use sunscreen to avoid a striped tan where the tapes have been).
- Any leg discomfort should respond to leg elevation, exercise or anti-inflammatory medication (Advil, Ibuprofen, Motrin).
- Call us if a rash, hives, inflammation or any other concerns develop or any concerns. 403.253.2555.