Is there any preparation prior to Echosclerotherapy?
Avoid taking Aspirin and other anti-inflammatory medications for 10 days prior to treatment (this will reduce the amount of bruising that may result from the treatment).
* Disregard this recommendation if you are taking a small dose Aspirin at the recommendation of your physician for cardiovascular health
It is necessary to treat some smaller veins with a dilute form of medication to be sure that you will not have an allergic reaction. We call this treatment your preliminary injections. There is a fee for this treatment and you will also be required to wear lightweight support hose for five days to seven days afterwards.
The Day of the treatment
- Avoid waxing or shaving your legs
- Avoid using skin creams on your legs so that the tapes required for treatment will stick to your legs
- Eat regular meals
- Bring shorts to wear during treatment if you prefer
- Bring pants or a long skirt to wear following the procedure